Friday, January 8, 2010

Hello Everyone!

Good evening everyone! My name is Christina and this is my first blog. I honestly love to read. I have a library full of books ranging from mysteries to love stories to horror stories. I have been reading as much as I can whenever I can for a long while now. A lot of times I relax by reading for the entire night. I usually will read a book twice if it is one I really liked. I find myself skipping over parts as I’m trying to get to the end of the book as fast as I can.

The very last book I read was Lockdown written by Alexander Gordon Smith. I am writing a book review for my brother-in-law's magazine and this is the first book I was assigned. It is a very interesting book about a place called Furnace. Boys who misbehave are sent to Furnace, an underground prison for young boys. There are a lot of intricacies within the story that keeps the reader’s attention throughout the entire book. I really enjoyed reading this book and I am actually hoping I am given the other books in the series to review somewhere down the line.

I would say that English is my favorite subject. I never really had the patience for Math or Science. I look forward to the reading assignments in the class. I sometimes don't stray away from what I am accustomed to when choosing reading materials so being forced to stray outside of my comfort zone is a good thing for me. I remember in high school that I did not like poetry so hopefully the poetry I encounter in this class will help me understand and enjoy what I’m reading.

Other then that, I’m just me. I work full time, go to school full time, and have a family at home. My boys are 2 and 4 and keep me super busy when I am not working or doing homework. My life is filled to the brim and never leaves me sitting around bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment